Maryland Conceal Carry
Maryland Conceal Carry Training Course Info:
The Supreme Courts has ruled in the NYRPA case and that ruling makes Maryland’s “good and substantial” justification for a carry permit unconstitutional! As Maryland puts out new guidance, we will relay that info….in the meantime here is the training information! Veterans – you do NOT require training to apply!
If you are seeking your initial training for the Maryland CCW we have a base course of 8 hours, and then let you combine whichever of our other classes fit your skillsets to meet the 16 hour training requirement. The 8hr class covers all of the Maryland requirements and also serves as the 8 hour renewal course. Options include: Basic Pistol = 4 hours, Ladies & Lead = 4 hour, Utah Carry = 4 hours, Basic AR = 4 hours, and for those with solid shooting fundamentals we suggest Personal Protection Inside the Home which counts for 8 hours. It’s your choice as to how you meet that initial 16 hour requirement! If you have already taken any of these classes from us….you already have hours logged!
Who Needs to Take the Training?
Every original application and renewal application submitted after October 1, 2013, unless exempt. If you are any one of the below you are exempted.
- You are an active law enforcement officer with a law enforcement agency of the United States, the State or any local law enforcement agency in the State.
- You are a retired law enforcement officer with a law enforcement agency of the United States, the State or any local law enforcement agency in the State.
- You are an active, retired, or honorably discharged member of the armed forces of the United States or the National Guard.
- You are a Qualified Handgun Instructor registered with the Maryland State Police.
- You have successfully completed a firearms training course given by a Qualified Handgun Instructor. (The on-line firearm safety course is no longer accepted).
If you are exempted from training and wish to apply the first step is to get your electronic fingerprints, we suggest the Sheriff’s office. For St Mary’s you must make an appointment online here: Fingerprinting – St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office (firstsheriff.com) The ORI code needed for your fingerprints is MDMSP6000. Once you have done your prints, apply online with the Maryland State Police here: https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Pages/Automation.aspx
What does it cost to submit the application?
- Original handgun permit: $75.00, and you must have current (within 30 days) Live Scan Fingerprints.
- Renewal and/or subsequent handgun permit: $50.00, after 2016, renewal does NOT require Live Scan fingerprints.
- Modified and/or duplicate handgun permit: $10.00